clevedon, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
  1. On-line Estate Agents

Has anyone used Purple Bricks to sell a property and if so, would you recommend them? I will shortly have a flat ready to go on the market and am trying to figure out if it's best to use a regular estate agents or try PB. Thanks in advance.

2. YOUR COMMENTS:

3. Quote Originally Posted by Blackrock View Post
    Has anyone used Purple Bricks to sell a property and if so, would you recommend them? I will shortly have a flat ready to go on the market and am trying to figure out if it's best to use a regular estate agents or try PB. Thanks in advance.
    on line estate agents.
    are a joke

and make me angry

4. Quote Originally Posted by theantiquesman View Post
    on line estate agents.
    are a joke

and make me angry

Almost ALL estate agents are a joke. At least the online DIY ones are cheaper jokes.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Blackrock View Post
    The truth is very few properties are selling locally - so it would not matter if you put your own notice on the flat or had the highest interest Estate Agent act for you. Less properties sell in winter time, buyers are nervous in case properties drop in price due to Brexit - they won't, job vacancies are at a standstill, etc.,

PB can sell properties - but they are on the cheaper end of the market.
    Actually - now is the best time to buy, Banks are offering 100% mortgages and it is a private buyer's market, prices are low.
    Because properties are not selling, the Estate Agents are resorting to a number of deft manoeuvres to make it look as if theirs is the most popular agency. i.e Under Offer for many months is a regular one, also requesting that the seller reduces the price, or puts the property on for rent rather than sell.

On line Estate Agencies - do not have a clue as to localities. A property on Selworthy Road would rank the same as one on Derby Road. They make no distinction and do not inform any potential buyer's - they can't.

My neighbour was selling a property and called in an on line company. An agent turned up to look around and evaluate the property. What a farce! She was a lovely looking girl but had the typical brain of a millennium snowflake. She was proud to state that she knew all there was to know about properties because Daddy was a property developer and she had learned everything from him. She quoted a valuation for my neighbour at £125K?? Even though similar properties on either side of him had recently sold for £225K and £185 respectively, and needed work doing on them. Whereas his needed nothing doing. Just be very aware, that's all.

6. Thanks to everyone who has replied so far. It's looking more like a regular estate agent will be used, but I'll still accept advice.

7. I used Purple Bricks about 18 months ago and found their service to be excellent, I would recommend them without any hesitation.
    The local agent was very professional and efficient. The whole process was seamless, I had plenty of prospective buyers and achieved the asking price.
    I suppose it's like all things for sale - there has to be a market and you have to be selling something desirable.

8. Quote Originally Posted by said View Post
    She quoted a valuation for my neighbour at £125K?? Even though similar properties on either side of him had recently sold for £225K and £185 respectively, and needed work doing on them. Whereas his needed nothing doing. Just be very aware, that's all.
    and if she had suggested a valuation of £300k you'd have been happy - until the house didn't sell - and then you would have slagged her off again.

Online estate agents are there to advertise and help sell properties. They are not there to value houses. Most people know what price they want to sell their house for so it's pointless them giving you a valuation.

Value it yourself and let Purple Bricks advertise it for you.

I have used various online estate agents numerous times and they have all been excellent and sold the house for me.

9. I have a friend who works for an estate agent, I asked her about online agents a few months back. Her advise was if there is no chain and you've done you're research in terms of valuation then they're fine, but if there is a chain or the sale isn't straightforward the go to a 'proper' estate agent

10. Quote Originally Posted by gsgsgs View Post
    I have a friend who works for an estate agent, I asked her about online agents a few months back. Her advise was if there is no chain and you've done you're research in terms of valuation then they're fine, but if there is a chain or the sale isn't straightforward the go to a 'proper' estate agent
    Issues for the Solicitor to sort out not the Agent.
    Agents at their best complicate sales, not always passing on offers hoping for something else to turn up.

Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK / Clevedon / South West
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map
Local Google MAP for Clevedon

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register

Privacy & Cookie Policy

Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk

Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in clevedon
Replacement Stove Glass in clevedon
Supporting Local Business

Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
clevedonclevedon News

Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)